- B.S., City College of New York
- Ph.D., Columbia University
- Docteur honoris causa, Sorbonne, Universities of Paris-IPGP
Paleomagnetism, geomagnetism, and rock magnetism, and their application to geologic problems. Current interests include astrochronostratigraphic polarity time scales, paleogeography, paleoclimatology, true polar wander and the long-term carbon cycle and early hominin dispersal.Curriculum Vitae
European Geosciences Union. Fellow of the Geological Society of America, American Geophysical Union, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Academy of Arts & Sciences. Member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
- Clemmensen, L.B., D.V. Kent, M. Mau, O. Mateus and J. Milàn, 2020. Triassic lithostratigraphy of the Jameson Land Basin (central East Greenland), with emphasis on the new Fleming Fjord Group. Bulletin of the Geological Society of Denmark, 68, 95–132.
- Kent, D.V. and G. Muttoni, G., 2020. Pangea B and the Late Paleozoic Ice Age. Paleogeography, Paleoclimatology, Paleocology, 553, 1-20.
- Kent, D.V., P.E. Olsen, C. Rasmussen, C. Lepre, R. Mundil, R.B. Irmis, G.E. Gehrels, D. Giesler, J.W. Geissman and W.G. Parker, 2018, Empirical evidence for stability of the 405-kiloyear Jupiter-Venus eccentricity cycle over hundreds of millions of years: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115, 6153–6158. 10.1073/pnas.1800891115.
- Lanci, L. and D.V. Kent, 2018. Forward modeling of thermally activated single-domain magnetic particles applied to First Order Reversal Curves. Journal of Geophysical Research, 123, 3287-3300.
- Muttoni, G., and D.V. Kent, 2019, Jurassic monster polar shift confirmed by sequential paleopoles from Adria, promontory of Africa: Journal of Geophysical Research, 124, 3288–3306.
- Muttoni, G., G. Scardia, and D.V. Kent, 2018, Early hominins in Europe: The Galerian migration hypothesis: Quaternary Science Reviews, 180, 1-29.
- Olsen, P.E., J. Laskar, D.V. Kent, S.T. Kinney, D.J. Reynolds, J. Sha, and J.H. Whiteside, 2019, The Geological Orrery: Mapping Chaos in the Solar System: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,116, 10664–10673. 10.1073/pnas.1813901116.